If you do not have full text access to a journal’s content either through a personal subscription or through your institution, then individual articles* on SAGE Journals are available for immediate purchase online via the Pay-per-view (PPV) feature.
An article purchased through PPV is available to access for a twenty-four (24) hour period, during which you may access it online and download a copy for your reading.
Here are the steps through which you can purchase access to articles on SAGE Journals:
Adding to Cart
- Browse and identify the article(s)* that you want to purchase.
- In the Purchase Content section of the Access Options area, click the radial button next to the article price*, then click Add to Cart. The ‘Added to C’ message will appear.
- At this point you may proceed to Checkout or continue browsing for more articles across all of SAGE Journals. You will also see a shopping cart in the top right corner of the page and multiple articles may be added to your cart before proceeding to checkout.
Checkout & Payment Process
- Once you are ready to checkout, click the red Checkout button within the Access Options box or click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top right corner of the page.
- You will see a summary of the article(s) added to your cart. Here you can view the access details for each article and/or remove any articles you do not wish to purchase.
- Next, select your Checkout Options. Here you can:
- Proceed with the Guest Checkout option—note that the system requires an email address for this option: you will be sent an email confirmation which will include your invoice and link(s) to your purchased content during the 24-hour access period. If you use an email that is already used for a personal account on SAGE Journals the system will notify you.
- Sign in using your existing SAGE Journals account.
- On the next page, you will see confirmation of your order details including the email address you entered on the previous screen. You will next enter your Billing details associated with the card you are using to purchase short term access. You will also see a summary of the article(s) you are purchasing including an option to remove any articles you wish to not purchase. Click View Summary to continue.
- The page will refresh and you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions; click Continue to Payment button.
- On the next screen you will see your previously entered contact information. Here you will enter your card information in the secured panel area. Card details required include name on card, card number, CVC number, card type, and expiration date. Click the Complete button. The purchase will begin to be processed and the Complete button will change to Processing – during this time, which could take a few seconds, do not use your browser refresh or back buttons as this will disrupt the transaction process.
- On the final screen you will see the ‘Thank you for your order’ message and the hyperlinked article(s) or issue(s) you purchased for quick access. You will also receive an email confirmation and invoice. If you signed in with your personal account on SAGE Journals you will be able to access all your purchased content by visiting My Content within your profile.
Accessing your Purchased Content
Once your purchase is complete you can access your paid for content in the following ways:
- On the final confirmation page
- Via the confirmation email if you purchased as a guest
- If you signed in with your personal account on SAGE Journals to complete your transaction, you will be able to access all purchased content by visiting My Content within your profile.
*Some journals offer both article and issue pay per view options and will show prices for both options in the Purchase Content area.