If you do not have full text access to a journal’s content either through a personal subscription or through your institution, then individual articles* on SAGE Journals are available for immediate purchase online via the Pay-per-view (PPV) feature.
An article purchased through PPV is available to access for a twenty-four (24) hour period, during which you may access it online and download a copy for your reading.
Here are the steps through which you can purchase access to articles on SAGE Journals:
Adding to Cart
- Browse and identify the article(s)* that you want to purchase.
- Click on either the Get access option, located in the article menu, or you may click on the Get Access button which is located below the article's abstract.
- Click on the Purchase access option and then click on the radial button next to the article price* or issue price* you wish to purchase and then click Add to cart
Checkout & Payment Process
- At this point you may proceed to Checkout or continue browsing for more articles across all of SAGE Journals. You will also see a shopping cart in the top right corner of the page and multiple articles may be added to your cart before proceeding to checkout.
- Once you are ready to checkout, click the red Checkout button within the Get Access box or click on the Shopping Cart icon in the top right corner of the page to view your cart and then proceed to Checkout.
- You will see a summary of the article(s) added to your cart. Here you can view the access details for each article and/or remove any articles you do not wish to purchase.
- Next, you will see a summary of your order and you may select your Checkout Options. Here you can:
- Proceed with the Checkout as Guest option—note that the system requires an email address for this option: you will be sent an email confirmation which will include your invoice and link(s) to your purchased content during the 24-hour access period. If you use an email that is already used for a personal account on SAGE Journals the system will notify you.
- Or, if you have an existing SAGE Journals profile for your email address you may sign in by using the Checkout Using My Profile option.
- On the next page, you will see confirmation of the email address you entered on the previous screen. You will next enter your Billing details associated with the card you are using to purchase short term access. You will also see a summary of the article(s) you are purchasing including an option to remove any articles you wish to not purchase. Once you have completed entering your billing address details click Submit and Review Summary to continue. Note: The VAT (Value Added Tax) number is only required if your billing address is in a country that collects it. If you do not have a VAT number please leave this field blank.
- The page will refresh and you will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions. To proceed, check the box to indicate that you agree to the Terms and Conditions and then click the Continue to Payment button.
- On the next screen you will see your previously entered contact information. Here you will enter your card information in the secured panel area. Card details required include name on card, card number, CVC number, card type, and expiration date. Click the Complete or Submit button (please see examples below). The purchase will begin to be processed and the Complete button will change to Processing, then Finished– during this time, which could take a few seconds, do not use your browser refresh or back buttons, or close your browser tab or window, as this will disrupt the transaction process. Please note that some countries and card issuers may require additional security verification to process your payment, so some users may also be prompted to enter a 3DS security code to complete their purchase. Depending on your region, your payment page will appear as one of these two payment screens:
- On the final screen you will see the ‘Thank you for your purchase’ message and the hyperlinked article(s) or issue(s) you purchased for quick access. You will also receive an email confirmation and invoice. If you signed in with your personal account on SAGE Journals you will be able to access all your purchased content by visiting My Content within your profile. You should receive an email confirmation with your access link(s) or access instructions within a few minutes after placing your purchase. Please allow up to 1-2 working days for your invoice to be delivered by email.
Accessing your Purchased Content
Once your purchase is complete you can access your paid for content in the following ways:
- Click the access link to your article on the final confirmation page
- Click the access link provided in your confirmation email if you purchased as a guest
- If you signed in with your personal account on SAGE Journals to complete your transaction, you will be able to access all purchased content by visiting My Content and the Articles and issues option within your profile.
*Some journals offer both article and issue pay per view options and will show prices for both options in the Purchase Content area. Article and issue pricing may vary by journal.