a) If your article is eligible via your institution:

Your institution may be able to help you to cover the open access article processing charge (APC) through an Open Access Agreement they have with SAGE. Check whether your institution is part of an Open Access Agreement with SAGE here. Click on the country or region where your institution is based and search for your institution on the lists. Deal eligibility is determined by the corresponding author’s affiliation.


If your article is eligible and you have completed your contributor publishing agreement form, no further action is needed from you. You will be contacted through the SAGE Open Access Portal to accept Open Access publication and select the appropriate Creative Commons license for your article. This license will replace the earlier contributor publishing agreement.


b) If you would like to publish SAGE Choice by paying an APC

If your institution is not part for an Open Access Agreement and cannot be found here, you can request for your article to be published Open Access via SAGE Choice. To do so, contact our team at openaccess@sagepub.com.