WAYFless (Where Are You From) URLs provide authenticated access (via OpenAthens) to journal content without requiring the user to login to the Sage Journals website.
To create an OpenAthens WAYFless URL for Sage Journals:
- Update the following URL's parameters: https://journals.sagepub.com/action/ssostart?idp=&redirectUri=
- Set the idp parameter to equal the institution's Entity ID (For a list of institutions and OpenAthens WAYFless URLs, please go to https://journals.sagepub.com/action/ssostart)
- Set the redirectUri parameter to equal the URL of the journal or article on the Sage Journals website
- URL encode both parameter values. To do this, update the following URL characters:
- %3a replaces :
- %2f replaces /
- For example, after URL encoding, the Sage Journals homepage URL changes from https://journals.sagepub.com to https%3a%2f%2fjournals.sagepub.com
The redirectUri is an optional parameter. By default, users will be redirected to the Sage Journals homepage https://journals.sagepub.com.
To redirect to a particular journal on the Sage Journals website, append the journal's abbreviation to the main URL. For example the American Journal of Sports Medicine's abbreviation is AJS, so the redirectUri parameter would be set to equal https://journals.sagepub.com/home/ajs.
To redirect to a specific article, change the redirectUri parameter to include the article doi, for example https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0018726716654745.
For information on how to setup OpenAthens as your institution's Sage Journals access method, please refer to this article: